1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has bleaching properties that can help get rid of brown spots. Plus, it helps maintain soft, clear and beautiful skin.
- Simply apply fresh lemon juice directly on the affected area. Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water. Repeat this remedy twice daily for about two months to notice positive results. If you have sensitive skin, dilute the lemon juice with water, rose water or honey.
- Another option is to mix enough sugar in lemon juice to make a paste and use it as a scrub on your face, especially on your brown spots. Finally, rinse it off after 5 to 10 minutes. Do this a few times a week. You can also add some oilve oil in this recipe.
Buttermilk contains lactic acid that helps exfoliate the skin to remove blemishes and brown spots without drying out your skin.
- Apply buttermilk on your brown spots using a cotton ball. Leave it on for a few minutes before washing the area with water. If you have oily skin or acne, you can also add some lemon juice to the buttermilk.
- Another option is to mix four teaspoons of buttermilk and two teaspoons of tomato juice together and then apply this mixture on the affected skin.
Repeat either of these remedies once or twice daily until you are satisfied with the results.
3. Castor Oil
Castor oil has strong healing properties and can be used effectively to get rid of brown spots or age spots. Along with castor oil, you can use vitamin E oil, coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil to remove brown spots.
- Use a cotton ball to apply castor oil on the affected area.
- Gently massage the area for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for a few hours and then wash it off.
- Do this once in the morning and once at night to help the brown spots fade and make your skin tone even.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an effective remedy for a number of skin problems including brown spots. It will help dry out and fade the spots faster.
- Dilute some apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water. You can also add some honey. Apply this solution on your brown spots and wash it off after a few minutes. Do this once daily for a few days or until you get positive results. You can use straight apple cider vinegar too, but it may sting.
- Alternatively, mix one-half teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a few tablespoons of orange juice. Apply it on the affected area and leave it on until it dries completely before washing it off. Repeat once or twice daily for four to five weeks.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has healing properties and aids skin regeneration. So, it is excellent for getting rid of brown spots, especially when caused by sun exposure.
- Gently rub fresh aloe vera gel on the spots. Leave it on for about 30 minutes before washing the area with cold water. Repeat twice daily and within a month you should notice improvement.
- If fresh aloe vera gel is not available, you can opt for aloe vera juice that you can readily buy from the market.
Sandalwood is an anti-aging agent and an antiseptic that can helps reduce hyperpigmentation and get rid of brown spots.
- You can make homemade pack with 5 drops of Sandalwood oil, two teaspoons of rose water, and one teaspoon each of glycerin and lemon juice. Apply this pack on the spots and allow it to dry naturally. Use cold water to wash it off. Repeat a few times a week until your brown spots disappear.
- Another option is to add one tablespoon of orange juice, one teaspoon of lemon juice and the contents of two vitamin E capsules in two tablespoons of sandalwood powder. Mix it well and then apply it on your face. Leave it on for about half an hour before washing it off. Do this a few times a week until you see improvement.
- Also, massage the affected area with a few drops of sandalwood oil mixed in one tablespoon of olive oil or almond oil, daily before going to bed and leave it on overnight.