The Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen (hon-shaw-ze-show-nen) is known as the “Distance” symbol in Reiki. It’s most commonly used in distant healing sessions, but it is certainly not limited to this practice. Just as with the other symbols used in Usui Reiki, many people have their own interpretation of what it means.
I believe that this symbol represents Oneness, and when used in a healing session, has the power to unite the healer and the recipient at a subconscious level that can allow a deep healing to take place.
It has been said to symbolize the Sun, and although many of us may view the sun just as an object in the sky – we have to realize that the ancients worshipped it for a reason. The sun is a living and conscious being, and it flows it’s life essence through everything, giving all living creatures life. Without the sun, we would not survive.
This symbol, when used with Reiki transcends space and time. It is not restricted by our conscious belief about time. Use the Hon-sha-ze-sho-nen to send Reiki to a person on the other side of the world, or to another place in time! Past, present or future events can be healed and effected positively by the symbol. Heal an event in the past that you wish could have been different, and see how it effects your present moment!
Here are some other ways you can use the Distance Symbol:
- Send healing energy to your children who are in a different area of the house
- Send healing energy to your spouse while he’s at work
- Send healing energy to yourself
- Send healing energy to a piece of paper with a name or a picture on it
- Send healing energy to a “proxy” of a person, using the Cho-ku-rei and Sei-hei-ki
- Send healing energy to a building, or to a neighbourhood, or to the Earth!
The possibilities are limitless when using the Reiki symbols, the only limit is your beliefs! So why not change them?
HOW TO DRAW THE HON SHA ZE SHO NEN: